About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Quantitative analyst for Automated Trading
In Automated Trading, we support our business teams with developing, implementing and monitoring algo trading strategies. On a daily basis, we work with fundamentals such as weather and pricing data that affect the markets we trade in. We are driven by our common goal of making better and faster trading decisions, always pushing our strategies and analyses to new heights. And to be one step ahead, we always need to be aware of new developments within machine learning and algo trading.
You will join a team of skilled specialists ranging from economists, meteorologists, physicists and machine learning specialists. The team is characterised by being committed and setting the bar high – but we are also a team that always support each other, and make sure to have fun. Besides working closely with skilled team members with diverse backgrounds, you will also get to work with stakeholders across the business, such as traders, software developers and data engineers.Your journey as our new quantitative analyst
No matter your level of experience, we will make sure you get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks, the power markets and how we work. Your first assignment will be to dive into our wide range of data and become familiar with our coding principles and algorithmic framework. After that, you will begin to partake in the development, implementation and monitoring of both current and new algo strategies. On the longer term, you will become responsible for your own area within our algo development – ranging from working with weather data, a specific geographical area to specific products. By using machine learning in your daily work, you will contribute to our automated trading setup, giving your work a direct impact on the performance of our trading business.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- develop, implement and improve automated trading strategies
- analyse weather, pricing and fundamental power market data
- participate in building our algorithmic trading framework
- actively take part in knowledge sharing and sparring across teams
- work closely with Software Development and Data Engineering teams
we expect that you:
- have a relevant educational background within Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or similar
- are an avid programmer with solid capabilities within data handling and real time event processing
- have experience in working with machine learning
- are experienced in Python or similar programming language
- are proficient in English, both written and verbal
we expect that you:
- are a logical thinker and mathematically well grounded – these are important traits when working with machine learning, strategy development and market understanding
- are not afraid to take responsibility – you will eventually be responsible for your own strategies
- see opportunities where other see problems – you need to approach problems proactively, since we are working with data in uncertain markets
- can work analytically and in a structured manner – the products we deliver should be based on thorough, analytical work
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.