About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Finance System Specialist to link IT and finance
In our Financial Controlling team, we create value by ensuring high-quality financial numbers, including timely reporting and compliance. Our responsibilities include forecasting future profits and losses, handling reporting and controlling of monthly financial figures and making sure we follow correct accounting principles.
You will join a team of creative and committed finance experts, covering different areas of finance, tax, finance systems and financial compliance. We are a collective of passionate individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds. Together, we challenge the status quo and ensure financial transparency.
Your background is not the tipping point for us. You could be a newly graduate with a master’s in Finance and IT or a business controller with a flair for IT and systems. No matter your background or level of experience, we will make sure you get the best possible start at DC. Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and DC’s financial system landscape. One of your first assignments will be to help and understand the needs from Finance and implement that information in our ERP system and improve the system on an ongoing basis. On the longer term, you will play a significant role in developing our finance system landscape and strategies together with our Lead Finance System Analyst, using your innovative thinking to drive Finance at DC forward.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week
- an attractive benefit scheme, including Spotify subscription, tickets to Aarhus staples like Tivoli Friheden and AGF matches and organic food throughout the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- the chance to join a company with a strong financial performance – have a look at our annual report 2021: Danskecommodities.com/annual-report-2021
- support the Finance team in the maintenance and development of our system landscape, primarily our ERP system (D365FO) and consolidation system (Cognos)
- assist in the development and optimisation of the ERP system and consolidation system to automate processes in Finance to secure scalability of our business
- ensure that the finance system landscape is compliant with requirements for energy trading companies
- assist our Lead Finance System Specialist in prioritising and solving incoming support and development tasks in an ever-changing environment
We expect that you:
- are a recent graduate within a finance-related study programme with technical flair, or have 1-2 years’ experience from a similar position, e.g. within business controlling
- are well-founded in understanding the processes in an ERP system and have knowledge of the relationship between PnL and a balance sheet
- you have experience with or are interested in learning programming (e.g. SQL)
We expect that you:
- take a detail-oriented and structured approach to your job, as we handle a lot of data that require great attention to detail
- are a team-oriented person and eager to learn more about linking IT and Finance
- are proactive and not afraid of taking responsibility – you are always looking to optimise things where possible
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
- are curious by nature and willing to learn more about the field we work within. The will to learn more can drive your development even further in the direction you find interesting as you develop your career in Finance
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.