About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Senior Finance Specialist for experienced finance team
In Group Financial Controlling, we have the responsibility for all financial reporting towards executive management, the parent company Equinor and external stakeholders. At the same time, we act as internal advisors when onboarding new products and entering new market areas.
You will join a team with experienced colleagues with a wide range of competencies centralised around financial reporting. We always encourage knowledge sharing and collegial inspiration as we operate in an environment where responsibility and professionalism have a high priority. Furthermore, we have a strong focus on collaboration, supporting each other and, not least, having fun in our daily work.
As Senior Finance Specialist, you will get the opportunity to contribute with your expertise on financial reporting to ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting in Danske Commodities (DC)’s group accounts. DC’s business model does not always fit into the IFRS standards and therefore we are continuously working with exciting and challenging tasks related to complex accounting treatment.
In this position, you will also challenge and advise internal stakeholders to improve the quality, efficiency and maturity of the financial controlling environment. In addition, you will work closely together with Equinor, as well as various internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and establish a solid basis for decision-making. As a colleague, we imagine that you are enthusiastic about finance and able to add value to the business.
You will spend the first months getting to know DC, our business activities and reporting processes. Here, you will be a part of our ongoing focus on improving and maturing reporting processes. In addition, you will take part in our monthly and annual group reporting towards executive management and Equinor. After a few months, you will also be involved in tasks related to DC’s ongoing globalisation and product innovation by making sure that complex accounting matters are solved. As you become more knowledgeable of our business model, you will help onboard new commercial activities and ensure alignment with our front office, external auditors and Equinor.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week
- attractive benefit scheme, including Spotify subscription, tickets to Aarhus staples like Tivoli Friheden and AGF matches and organic food throughout the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- the chance to join a company with a strong financial performance – have a look at our annual report 2021: Danskecommodities.com/annual-report-2021
- solve complex accounting matters when the business onboards new products and expands to new markets
- coordinate and develop our reporting and ensure alignment with our colleagues in Equinor and external auditors
- take proactive part in maturing processes in Group Financial Controlling
- participate in the quarterly and annual reporting process
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant master’s degree in Auditing or similar (e.g. HD(R) International Business, Marketing or Economics)
- have a minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience within auditing or controlling
- preferably, have prior experience with IFRS and knowledge of financial derivatives
- preferably, have experience with group reporting (DC has +10 subsidiaries)
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- have a structured and proactive mindset as you will be working in an ever-changing environment
- see opportunities where others see problems – to ensure a continuous business operation, you need to employ a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, choosing the best solution for each problem
- have a positive view and are ready to take on new challenges – you are open to learn how we work and operate in Finance and ready to partake in improving our ways of working
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.