About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Student employee for Credit Risk Management
In Credit Risk Management, we work in the interface between compliance and credit risk. We are responsible for monitoring DC’s credit exposure, following up on breaches, communicating with our brokers and counterparties as well as handling various reporting (for example credit line reports for our traders, broker reporting, margin calls for our counterparties and monthly reporting for Senior Leadership). In addition, we carry out thorough assessments of the credit risks DC face in order to assist our business teams in specific cases. The team functions both as guardians of the business, as well as partners for the organisation – working in close collaboration with stakeholders across the entire value chain. We are a committed team with a wide range of competencies that you will be able to learn from.
Analyst with an interest in the financial markets
As our new colleague in Credit Risk Management, your primary responsibility will be to maintain, optimise and develop tools used for monitoring the credit risk at DC as well as assisting traders with managing risks. Besides this, you will assist with our daily credit reporting, credit assessment cases and ad hoc tasks. As such, we expect the right candidate to be analytical and detail-oriented as the traders use our tools and reports as a foundation for their decision-making. You should also hold an interest within the field of credit risk and the financial markets – and most importantly, you have the desire to learn and develop within the field. As we are a broad team covering both credit risk and compliance risk, you will also get the chance to learn about counterparty compliance in terms of sanctions and Know-Your-Customer (KYC) checks, depending on your interests and development wishes.
Your journey as our new student employee
No matter your level of experience, we will make sure you get the best possible start. Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and the way we handle credit and compliance risk at DC. Down the road, you will play a significant role in our daily monitoring of credit exposure and the communication with both internal and external stakeholders. You will also take part in supporting the further development of Credit Risk Management as a team.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours to fit with your studies
- attractive benefit scheme, including Spotify subscription, tickets to Aarhus staples like Tivoli Friheden and AGF matches, and organic food throughout the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- maintain and optimise our daily monitoring tools through the use of e.g. VBA or SQL (including margin call sheet, broker reports etc.) – as well as develop new tools
- assist with our daily reporting, including following up on breaches, updating brokers and handling our daily margin calls
- perform various ad hoc credit assessments
- assist with the daily communication with internal and external stakeholders
we expect that you:
- are enrolled in a relevant university degree within Finance, Economics or similar
- have some experience within VBA, SQL or similar – or most importantly, the interest in learning coding languages
- are fluent in English, both verbal and written
- can work approx. 15-20 hours a week
we expect that you:
- are analytical, curious and detail-oriented when analysing data – on a daily basis, we assist the business with data used for decision-making
- have a proactive mindset and are self-motivated
- are a committed team player with the drive and discipline to work independently when necessary
- thrive in an international and innovative environment
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.