About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Data Engineer for tech-driven trading company
In our Data Engineering & Architecture team (also known as DARC), we empower business users, data scientists and data analysts to discover, explore and analyse relevant data. We deliver fast and efficient data services to support our entire trading value chain and ensure the best possible support for data-driven decision-making – and we work closely with the business teams and traders while managing a short time-to-market and a continuous delivery model. Our goal is to be the best data-driven energy trading company in the world. No more, no less!
You will be part of a team of data engineers who love to learn new things together, which is reflected in our close collaboration and professional development. We like to explore new ideas and continuously expand our technical horizon within the data engineering domain. We are curious, passionate about data and thrive in an innovative environment. You will experience a culture which is characterised by having fun while working hard and reaching our goals as a team.
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the Data Engineering team, your role and our data platforms – primarily built on Microsoft SQL technologies. You will join a team that supports our business activities, and you will be working shoulder-to-shoulder with analysts and traders. Through close sparring with your team, you will learn our delivery model and how we interact with our stakeholders. Our business model is heavily reliant on our use of data, making your role crucial for our business and our traders. On the longer term, you will take a more permanent role in the team dedicated to one of our business units, delivering on strategic projects organised around a specific business domain. Together, we will define tasks and responsibilities aligned with your professional interests, ambitions and competencies.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- collaborate with product managers, data scientists and traders in our cross-functional team to discover new features and data products, leveraging the billions of data points we process every day
- analyse, design and develop production-ready, scalable data pipelines to support business processes
- learn new technologies and transform your learnings into applicable tools to benefit our business stakeholders
We expect that you:
- have a strong technical or financial background, e.g. in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Finance or other relevant fields
- have 2+ years of experience in building scalable and data-intensive systems and are fluent in T-SQL
- have a practical knowledge about data modelling of Data Warehouses, designing data pipelines and ETL jobs
We expect that you:
- are passionate about the data engineering domain and data in general – we love to nerd out within our domain and we are looking for someone to join the club
- are curious and want to understand your stakeholders' needs and challenges from multiple perspectives
- are dedicated, passionate and take responsibility. We have a strong collaborative culture, but you will also be expected to work individually
- employ a structured problem-solving approach and are quick to grasp key issues, because the energy trading business is ever-changing and complex
- are proactive, service-minded and have the ability to find solutions for your stakeholders, because collaboration is the key to success
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.