About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Trade Controller to support our growing customer business
You will join our newly established Customer Operations & Reporting team, created to meet our strategic initiatives, aimed at significantly growing our Danske Commodities (DC)’s customer business. DC trades in energy wholesale markets, which means that we do not engage with end-consumers. As such, customers in our business are energy producers, large-scale energy consumers and the likes.
Our Customer Operations & Reporting team consists of skilled, quality-minded and committed trade controllers, covering different areas within trade validations, master data quality and compliance reporting. The team is made of awesome individuals with a wide array of backgrounds. We like to challenge the status quo and ensure that transparency is not only for the numbers but for the team. We’re part of DC’s Finance & Accounting team and we create value by ensuring high-quality financial numbers, including timely reporting and compliance.
No matter your level of experience, we will make sure to give you a solid onboarding. Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and our customer and compliance principles at DC. Your first assignment will be to help and understand the needs of DC’s customer business and the organisation. On the longer term, you will have a significant role in developing our Customer Operations & Reporting team by onboarding new tasks and optimise processes and procedures.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- handle trade validation, confirmations and clearing
- ensure efficient and correct reporting of trade details to authorities, including EMIR & REMIR reporting as well as declarations
- participate in setting up new products in our systems and in optimisation of processes and procedures
- ensure high quality and maintenance of various types of data relating to DC’s commodity trades, including contract master data and metering data
- support the organisation in establishing an efficient customer business when entering new market areas or trading new products
We expect that you:
- are a new graduate with a Bachelor og Master’s in Finance, Economics or IT or perhaps a previous business controller – or something completely opposite. Your background is not the tipping point for us, what we look for is someone that takes pride in high-quality work, loves data and can transform broad information into specific actions
- have a natural flair for coordination and dealings with different stakeholders
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are structured, detail-oriented and precise: we handle a lot of data that require great attention to detail
- have a positive view and are ready to take on new tasks – you should be ready and open to learning how we work and operate in the Finance team
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks, and we always help each other in getting the job done
- are curious by nature and willing to learn more about the field we work within. The will to learn more can drive your development even further in the direction you find interesting as you develop your career in Finance
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.