About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Experienced Power Trader to be part of building energy trading desk in São Paulo
Danske Commodities (DC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary to Norwegian energy company Equinor, operating under its own name and brand. We are currently on a global growth journey – and our next step is setting up a trading desk in Brazil. Here, we will handle all power trading related to Equinor’s activities in Brazil. As such, we are currently building the necessary capabilities and systems to enable an efficient and profitable power trading desk in Brazil as well as being the route-to-market for Equinor’s renewables assets. This also means that we now are looking for the first power trader in Brazil to join this journey and make a real impact on the future growth of the company.
You will join our newly established team in São Paulo, and together with the Head of Brazil Power Trading, a back office analyst and a middle office specialist, along with the project team in Denmark, you will play an important role in setting up the right products and risk parameters to establish the new trading desk. As such, we expect you to gain a thorough understanding of the Brazilian energy market and requirements for the products DC Brazil will trade. On the longer term, you will contribute to building a profitable and risk-balanced portfolio. You will work closely together with our experienced trading and risk teams in Denmark, as well as specialists and originators in Brazil – all working to establish trading strategies to handle Equinor’s power portfolio and DC’s proprietary book.
We will ensure that you get a solid onboarding to give you the best start possibly from the get-go. Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the business case and the project plan. Together with the Head of Brazil Power Trading, you will be responsible for building the risk parameters and products that the desk will trade, engaging with relevant stakeholders across DC and Equinor. On the longer term, you will contribute to the PnL by developing and implementing trading strategies. Also, you will structure short-term PPAs to maximise profit of Equinor’s renewable assets.
- the best of both worlds – you will join a nimble trading company, backed by global energy major Equinor
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- global career opportunities as part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- flexible working hours
- an international environment with a strong celebration culture
- an office in the financial heart of São Paulo
Setting up the trading desk:
- set up the right products and risk parameters
- gain a thorough understanding of the Brazilian energy market
- map out front office requirements for products DC Brazil will trade
Once the trading desk is operational, you will:
- take an active role in building a profitable and risk-balanced portfolio with PnL responsibility
- convert quantitative observations into business and strategic trading recommendations for DC’s portfolio
- maintain and develop counterparty relationship to follow up on opportunities, design transactions and negotiate contract terms
- work with originators to structure and price short-term PPA
We expect that you:
- have a minimum of five years’ experience working with power trading
- have a solid trading counterparty network
- have experience with managing PnL, including day-to-day management of open positions in a highly volatile market
- are fluent in Portuguese and English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are motivated by a sense of urgency and have strong drive for results
- take a holistic approach to your job and have an eye for opportunities in the market, while also considering the associated risks
- are thorough and diligent in your work ethic – value may be hidden in the details
- are creative and innovative in finding new ways to challenge the status quo in order to maximise value
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.