About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Tech-interested profile for IT compliance
Danske Commodities (DC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary to Norwegian energy company Equinor, which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. As such, the entire Equinor group, including subsidiaries, needs to be SOX compliant. SOX is an internal control structure that includes all relevant policies, procedures and operating principles in the company. It is short for the Sarbanes-Oxley act from 2002 – an act that institutionalises transparency in financial reporting for companies listed in the US and aims at increasing investor confidence in these companies. As a financial control organ, SOX is highly dependent on our IT controls serving as a fundamental component to be SOX compliant.
Join a team of innovative and open-minded people
You will join our IT SOX Compliance team whose overall goal is to continue keeping DC SOX compliant within IT. We are the link to our internal and external auditors and make sure that their requests and comments are properly handled. By continuously optimising and automating both processes and systems, we strive to improve the quality of the SOX controls and decrease the manual input required from the business. We have our own bespoke SOX compliance software suite that we continuously enhance to provide better quality and add more automation in the execution of IT controls. You will join a team of innovative and open-minded people who are always going for the long-term solution and take a holistic approach to our IT landscape and processes. Your journey as our new IT SOX architect
No matter your level of experience, you will get a thorough introduction to DC, the team and your tasks, including an introduction to DC’s IT landscape as well as how we work with SOX. To begin with, you will be working with our current roadmap of changes to our compliance software suite and the planning of our next-coming control execution round. Down the road, you will be part of setting the direction for the future of the team. We highly prioritise people development at DC, and we offer the opportunity for you to take on other responsibilities as you develop in the role.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- coordinate software development to our compliance software suite based on our roadmap
- assume responsibility for our new governance, risk management and compliance system, HighBond
- take the lead on IT architecture, design and implementation of IT controls on an application and infrastructure level
- perform quality assurance of review templates, control executions and automated process
- review test findings, facilitate the remediation of control gaps and escalate possible critical issues
we expect that you:
- have an IT technical understanding so that you are able to translate control and risk demands to concrete controls and solutions
- have an interest in IT and the field of IT compliance; your background is not essential – curiosity within the field is
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
we expect that you:
- are curious by nature and always eager to learn. The job entails tasks within various areas, and the will to learn more can drive your development further
- have an innovative mindset, as you will act in a changing environment
- employ an analytical and structured approach, as you will be part of defining solution design, which requires a good understanding of the control demands and the possible solutions
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always support each other with getting the job done
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.