About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Structured business developer for global energy trading projects
You will join our Global Business Development team that drives the global expansion of Danske Commodities’ (DC) business model and provides strategic and commercial advisory to our parent company Equinor, one of the world’s largest energy companies. In a strategic context, we shape DC’s future business opportunities and seek to optimise the value of Equinor’s transition to renewable energy and low-carbon solutions.
As our new business developer, you will join a team of motivated and curious change-makers. Our team comprises diverse profiles and competencies, united by a common goal to shape the future of renewable energy trading. As a team, we can work on independent projects, but we also enjoy working together – both within the team and with our stakeholders in DC and Equinor. We operate at lot like a team of in-house strategy consultants, collaborating with our trading teams across Europe, Brazil, Asia-Pacific and the US to solve complex business problems. In the team, we enjoy a high degree of empowerment based on mutual trust and we always seek to deliver high-quality solutions and recommendations.Your journey towards taking the lead on global business projects
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to DC, our strategy, the team and your tasks. We will make sure you get a solid understanding of the projects you will be working on and the stakeholders you will be working with. During the first six months, you will be engaged in strategic projects within the team in which your role will be to ensure clear structure and alignment between stakeholders while supporting the project development. On the longer term, you will take the lead on driving strategic initiatives related to DC’s global expansion. In other words, you will play an integral role in identifying and developing new global business opportunities for DC in close collaboration with the various trading teams as well as Equinor.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- provide strategic and tactical advisory to shape potential future business opportunities for DC as a part of Equinor
- act as a project manager to drive and facilitate strategic initiatives with a particular focus on value realisation
- support global business development initiatives for new markets, products and services, including development of market and competitor analyses
- proactively identify business opportunities for DC and take the lead on development towards value realisation
- ensure solid stakeholder management across teams in DC and across organisations between Equinor and DC
we expect that you:
- have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience from a similar position working with project management and/or business development
- have stellar project management and problem-solving skills
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
we expect that you:
- are innovative with the ability to move things forward – you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks that require you to take initiative and follow up
- have a data-driven and structured approach to solving problems, as you will work with various cases that require thorough analyses to contribute to decision making
- have a positive attitude: no job too big, no job too small
- are a team-oriented person, who values working across teams – but you also enjoy working independently on your own areas of responsibility
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.