About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
You will join our Global Origination team, which is the market-facing unit for power origination in DC and our parent company Equinor. We shape the future of energy trading together with Equinor who is on a quest to become one of the leading developers of renewable projects in Brazil. In this regard, DC’s role is to support Equinor by serving as route-to-market for all Equinor assets. And we have one goal: to become a top-tier energy trading house in Brazil.
Being the link between project developers, utility companies, big corporates and large industrials, we conduct analyses, develop new business ideas and are responsible for stepping into power purchase agreements (PPAs). We are a diverse team with various nationalities and backgrounds. What we all have in common is our instinctive understanding of market conditions and solid business knowledge – combined with mutual trust and respect for one another.Your journey as our new originator
We will ensure that you get the best possible start at DC. During your onboarding, you will get a thorough introduction to DC, the Global Trading & Market Development unit and relevant internal stakeholders, including those in Equinor. Your primary focus will be on building the renewable growth project in Brazil together with Equinor and negotiating PPAs.
This job requires regular physical presence at DC’s office in São Paolo and Equinor’s office in Rio de Janeiro, sitting side-by-side with the colleagues responsible for the project development of renewables, trading and portfolio management.
- the best of both worlds – you will join a nimble trading company, backed by global energy major Equinor
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- global career opportunities as part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- flexible working hours
- an international environment with a solid celebration culture
- an office in the financial heart of São Paulo
- actively build and nourish relationships with existing and new customers in the chosen customer market segments
- evaluate requests for bids, coordinate bid preparation, prepare competitive analysis and manage participation in tender processes
- prepare proposals and presentation materials for customers and buyers
- seek opportunities and deal structures that allow for bilateral transactions with customers
- negotiate terms and conditions of PPAs
we expect that you:
- have a minimum of five years’ experience working in a similar role in the energy industry
- are proficient in Portuguese and English – both written and verbal
we expect that you:
- are independent, innovative and outgoing, as you will cooperate with colleagues and stakeholders across the organisation
- have a winning and competitive attitude – the team works in an ever-changing market
- are outgoing and have solid stakeholder management capabilities – even though you will work independently, you will also collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders in the organisation, both locally and globally
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.