About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
You will join our Accounting & Invoicing sub-team which is part of an overall Finance & Accounting team. In the team, we are responsible for all registrations regarding our customers, vendors and banks, and we ensure timely and high-quality bookkeeping and reporting to meet deadlines and business needs. We continuously optimise our processes to ensure that the team always delivers professional support to the entire organisation.
You will join an experienced accounting team, operating in an environment where responsibility and professionalism have a high priority. In the team, we value collaboration and we continuously support each other to optimise our ways of working.Your journey as our new accountant
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to DC, the team and your tasks. Your first assignment will be to participate in the daily routines regarding the handling of vendor invoices and VAT-related tasks. On the longer term, you will be involved in projects e.g. related to optimising our processes both in our ERP system as well as manual processes. Also, DC is on a global quest – and this global expansion will for sure bring new tasks and projects to the team related to understanding and implementing new procedures and products. In time, you may take the lead on some of these projects.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- perform tasks related to accounts payables (AP), Cash & Bank and general ledger (GL)
- make sure VAT registration and reporting are correct
- handle month-end close tasks such as accruals and reconciliations
- contribute to the automation of our internal processes
- participate and take the lead in relevant projects and ad hoc tasks such as invoicing, accruals, reconciliations and closing the books for our subsidiaries
we expect that you:
- have a minimum of 3 years’ experience from a similar position or as a consultant
- are familiar with VAT
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
we expect that you:
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always support each other in getting the job done
- have a structured and innovative mindset as you will be working in a dynamic environment, focusing on doing things efficiently
- are innovative and not afraid of taking responsibility
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.