About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Junior sustainability analyst
You will join the Strategy & Communications team, a key staff function at Danske Commodities (DC), reporting directly to the CEO. The team plays a dual role, covering both corporate strategy and communications. On the strategy side, we handle the development and execution of DC’s company strategy, including commercial advisory, management support and reporting to the Board of Directors. This is also where the sustainability agenda is anchored. On the communications side, we are responsible for all aspects of DC’s brand, including media relations, online and offline marketing, employer branding and internal communications.
The duality of the team is also reflected in the team members. Some of us have a background in Business, some in Corporate Communications, one is a journalist, and we even have an architect in the team (long story), but we all share an uncompromising motivation to take DC’s business and brand to new heights. If you too are motivated about your craft, eager to contribute, and want to have fun in a fast-paced team of bright minds, you will feel right at home in the Strategy & Communications team.Your journey as our new junior sustainability analyst
When joining DC, we will make sure you get a thorough introduction to the team and the organisation – and you will quickly get your own tasks and projects. Your primary tasks will relate to shaping social and environmental strategy and communicate our progress to inspire both employees and others on their sustainability journeys. This includes working with materiality assessments and our ESG-programme. You will develop and implement initiatives that positively impact people and planet and cocreate sustainable practises with your colleagues. You will help measure our greenhouse gas emissions, identify ways of reducing emissions and track the progress towards the company’s climate goals. You will also drive partnerships with NGOs, social campaigns, donations and municipal initiatives. Being proactive and collaborating with stakeholders inside and outside the organisation is vital to transitioning forward and bringing real value, new opportunities and ideas to life.
For the right candidate, this student position can evolve into a full-time position after completion of your studies.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours to fit with your studies
- attractive benefit scheme, including Spotify subscription, tickets to Aarhus staples like Tivoli Friheden and AGF matches, and organic food throughout the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- support forming, driving and anchoring the sustainability strategy, including social, environmental and economic sustainability
- support driving DC’s sustainability programme ‘Cut the Carbon’, including identifying and implementing reduction initiatives
- assist with measuring our annual carbon footprint, using the accounting standard the Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHG)
- assist with donations and social projects, including project coordination, Social Return on Investment reporting, etc.
- assist with marketing of our green customer offerings
we expect that you:
- are enrolled at a relevant university-level education within Business, Economics, Law, Political Science or similar
- have solid analytical capabilities and a strategic mindset
- have a basic understanding of communication and change management
- have a technical flair, making you capable of diving into changing regulations and legislations within the sustainability context
- can work approx. 15-20 hours a week
we expect that you:
- are innovative and enjoy problem-solving
- are accountable, proactive and able to drive change – you will work across all organisational levels, including executive management
- are curious by nature – you strive to find new ways of enhancing and mitigating environmental and social impacts
- are detail-oriented and take a structured approach
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – we always support each other in getting the job done
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.