About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
As our new portfolio manager, you will join our Physical Asset Management – Renewables team that handles all aspects of our asset portfolio across Europe. Our key tasks include pricing, forecasting and day-ahead trading. The team consists of five committed portfolio managers who manage all aspects of our asset portfolio across Europe. Each portfolio manager is an expert within one or several markets, and as a team we cover the entire European power market, working closely together with traders and originators to enhance the performance of each portfolio as well as setting the strategic direction going forward. We are a team that always challenge ourselves to be the best. By leveraging industry-leading trading capabilities and asset management expertise, our team offers a broad range of unique and customised services to the European wholesale markets, including market access, 24/7 forecasting and balancing of renewables assets and grid-scale consumption as well as value optimisation of flexible renewables assets.Your journey as our new portfolio manager
No matter your level of experience, you will start by getting a thorough introduction to DC, the energy trading industry, the team and your tasks as a portfolio manager. After a solid onboarding, you will take the responsibility for a set of our existing portfolios of renewables and consumption assets, interacting with stakeholders along the entire value chain within DC. You will play an important role in enhancing the performance of the portfolio by performing portfolio analysis, developing trading and market strategies and building operational tools and forecasting models.
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- handle a portfolio of renewables and consumption assets
- perform portfolio analysis and monitor the portfolio PnL and risk
- develop, implement and improve forecasting and pricing models and tools
- participate in the development of bidding and trading strategies
- drive the implementation of new systems and databases in the team
- be available to take shift routines in the forecasting team, working on weekdays as well as two weekend mornings a month
we expect that you:
- have a relevant educational background in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar
- have experience with – or have an interest in learning – programming languages such as Python, SQL, R and VBA
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
we expect that you:
- are innovative and not afraid of taking responsibility – you will work on your own projects and analyses, and we expect that you are always looking to optimise things whenever possible
- are able to analyse, reflect and act fast – you will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and quickly execute on them
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always support each other in getting the job done
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.