About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
Trading operational analyst
As our new trading operational analyst, you will join our Power Trading Operations team. As part of the team, you will join our digitalisation and automation journey, with the purpose of creating the most value for all the power trading teams in DC. We do so by developing and maintaining numerous business tools, focusing on optimising and automating daily processes. And you will be seated right next to the trading colleagues and see your work used to make a difference from day one. Besides collaborating closely with each other and the traders, the team acts as the link between trading and the rest of the organisation.
The team has an informal culture, and we enjoy balancing the professional workdays with fun activities after working hours. This includes getting together in the team for swimming, padel tennis, fitness, dinners, boardgames and everything in between. We are a team of young and innovative people who take pride in motivating, supporting and inspiring each other to grow as professionals. We are a mixed team of both student employees and full-time employees which adds a great dynamic to the team. We have a great team spirit which is characterised by openness, positivity and a collaborative mindset.Your journey as our new trading operational analyst
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to DC, the team and your tasks. During your first 3-6 months, your focus will be twofold; 1) taking part in the daily operations shift; and 2) performing operational analyst work and developing business tools in Python, SQL and VBA that seek to optimise various processes. After 3-6 months, your time will mainly be spent on developing business tools and automating processes. As such, you will have the opportunity to affect the everyday work in the team and in the trading teams.
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- support the digitalisation and automation of operational processes
- assist trading teams with various ad hoc tasks
- communicate frequently with both internal stakeholders as well as external stakeholders like counterparties and exchanges
- act as the link between trading teams and the rest of the organisation
- assist in daily shift scheme when needed
- take part in 24/7 emergency phone scheme
we expect that you:
- have a relevant educational background within e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar
- have experience working with programming in SQL, Python or similar
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
we expect that you:
- are curious by nature and willing to learn more about the field of energy trading and process automation
- are a team-oriented person who gets energy from supporting your colleagues
- have an opportunistic attitude; the team works in a dynamic market and we see opportunities where others see problems
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always support each other in getting the job done
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.