About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.
As our new VAT specialist, you will join DC’s tax function, Group Tax, which is centralised at our HQ in Aarhus. The primary role of the team is to act as an internal advisor in daily operations, when onboarding new activities and entering new market areas. As such, we handle all tax matters in DC – both in the Danish parent company as well as in the subsidiaries around the world. Tax matters in DC comprise a wide range of areas within corporation tax, international tax, transfer pricing and indirect tax. Our responsibility is to ensure that DC is always compliant within the tax area. In the team, we have close cooperation with the tax and indirect tax teams in our parent company, Equinor.
You will join a team of three dedicated colleagues in which openness and respect are key values. We are always open to new ideas and ways of doing things in to be the best tax business partner for our colleagues and to ensure a high compliance level for the company. We respect each other’s competencies and qualifications, and the team has a high team spirit, meaning we always support each other to reach common goals.Your journey as our new VAT specialist
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to DC, your tasks and the team, and we will make sure to give you a solid understanding of your and your colleagues’ individual roles and contributions to the organisation. Down the road, you will play a significant role in our daily operations as you will take responsibility for your own business areas, including communicating with relevant stakeholders within your assigned areas. DC’s global journey has just begun, so the outlook of the tax function is exciting and holds great learning potential.
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- ensure that domestic and international indirect tax legislation is appropriately reflected in internal compliance processes
- ensure that VAT processes are up to date in accordance with country regulations as well as ensure VAT compliance in new markets
- provide advice on VAT implications on new business operations and cross-border contracts
- create VAT awareness in DC by preparing guidelines and arranging training sessions for colleagues.
- communicate with authorities and advisors on indirect tax, levies and duties, including special payroll tax
we expect that you:
- have a relevant educational background within Law, Auditing, Finance, Economics or similar
- have experience from a similar position or as an auditor or tax advisor
- are familiar with (or have an interest in) indirect tax
- have experience with presentation of solutions and recommendations to stakeholders
- are an experienced Excel and Power Point user
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
we expect that you:
- are innovative and able to spot the areas where the tax team can act as a value-adding business partner and support DC’s growth strategy
- are a collaborator who thrives on sharing your knowledge, learning from best practice and supporting each other in the team to stand stronger and more professional as a team
- are curious and motivated – in the team, we are eager to find the best and most pragmatic solutions for the company. As such, we expect that you are curious to gain all relevant information and knowledge
- have an analytical mindset; to master the job you must have solid analytical skills to cover all details in a task and solution process
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.